Experiencing Unhealthy Love: How To Identify
Being in a fruitful relationship is everyone’s fairy tale and a dream come true. However, if the relationship doesn’t work well, it can ruin everything for you. It affects your physical, emotional and mental health state.
There is one thing common among all unhealthy love stories; communication. Even the top online Dating Ranking list of sites have created a stern warning against unhealthy love and toxic relationships. But, the question arises, how far can you go with it? Or how do you identify an Unhealthy Relationship?
What Is Unhealthy Love In Relationship?
While you are in a relationship, you might experience some arguments. What if the arguments are exaggerated and over-hyped every day? That’s the most significant sign of an unhealthy love.
You might also feel anxious, uncomfortable and reluctant to share everything with your partner in a relationship. If you are in a relationship that feels like it is draining your energy and degrading your personality, that’s an unhealthy relationship. There are other traits of a toxic relationship that you should consider before putting an end to your love life.
Unhealthy Love vs Healthy Love
Healthy love is full of respect, understanding, care, and comfort whereas unhealthy love is just the opposite. In a healthy relationship, you are dedicated and can reciprocate the feelings as it is. Even if you are arguing, it is important to stay calm and step back when things get worse.
The signs of unhealthy love are just the opposite. You can’t reciprocate the same feeling as it is. Unhealthy love meaning also relates to the situation when you rely too much on your partner without giving the space and time to someone else.
Is It Unhealthy to Love Someone Too Much?
Yes. Loving someone too much is unhealthy and that certainly degrades your relationship rather than improving it. If you love someone unconditionally, you expect the other one to reciprocate the same way. And, you know the feeling when you can’t get the love back.
How To Identify An Unhealthy Love?
Now, refuting or arguing doesn’t always mean unhealthy love. But if you are getting more signs like mentioned below, it is the time to say good-bye or sort out. Let’s read further:
● Physical Abuse: Violence is never good. If your partner resorts to hitting or bullying you of any type, it is the right time to call off and confront them.
● Controlling With Kindness: Controlling violently is alone not the sign of a toxic relationship. Some sly manipulators look for your loss and weak ends to control you emotionally or by kindness.
● Needing You Every Time: This may seem like a glitter during the start of the relationship but all that glitters is not gold. Your short-term or long-term absence may affect their emotional well-being. You are not their hostage.
● Not Considering Your Goals Important: You may want to take their advice on your career and goals and what if they are the obstruction to it. Your partner might be a hurdle to your career goals. That’s a sign of an unhealthy and ingrown relationship.
● Extreme Anger: You might face your partner’s wrath when you deny something they want. Be it drugs, sex or alcohol, your partner might show a trait of an unhealthy and violent relationship when you deny them.
Be it the short-term or the long-term relationship, unhealthy love can be part of both. If you identify an unhealthy love, consider talking. Don’t wait for things to go worse.
It is better to call it off rather than surviving a toxic relationship. If you have more questions about the bad relationships and how to tackle them, do let us know in the comments.
Miranda Davis is a freelance writer in the relation and psychology area. Miranda is interested in such topics as building healthy relationships between people, love/sex compatibility, and how to find the right balance in life in general. She is currently doing specific research on the topic. Miranda loves cooking and long-distance walking.